Have you been wanting to switch up your workout routine and give High Intensity Interval Training, also known as H.I.I.T, a try? I’m excited to start offering small group training boot camps that are structured as H.I.I.T! This style of training involves short bursts of intense exercise alternated with low-intensity recovery periods. This ensures you get the maximum benefits from your workout without having to spend a ton of time in the gym!
Some of the top benefits include:
- Burn calories and fat in a shorter amount of time- H.I.I.T is great if you are short on time or just wanting to spend less time in the gym. Studies even show that just 15-20 minutes of H.I.I.T burns more calories than jogging at a steady state on a treadmill for an hour.
- Increased metabolism hours after leaving the gym- Your body is still burning calories and fat hours after a H.I.I.T workout, whereas with steady-state workouts your calorie burn may end shortly after your workout.
- Lose fat, not muscle- Losing muscle is often associated with steady state cardio, but with H.I.I.T workouts, different exercises ensure each muscle group is being challenged, allowing for you to maintain and gain muscle.
- Helps with building endurance- High intensity training adapts to the cellular structure of muscle, enabling you to increase endurance while doing any type of exercise.
- Challenging- Incorporating H.I.I.T workouts to your exercise routine offers seasoned workouts a new challenge and adds variety, helping with workout boredom.
- No equipment necessary- If you can’t make it to the gym, H.I.I.T workouts can be done anywhere! Choosing and alternating body-weight exercises, such as jump squats, push-ups, and jumping jacks will get your heart rate up, and you will get in a quick, effective workout.
I challenge you to incorporate H.I.I.T workouts to your current routine. It will be fun to mix-up and challenge your body in a new way!
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
ISSA Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach