Roll It Out, Girl!!
What is this foam roller thing? It is amazing, that’s what it is! Foam rolling, sometimes called self- myofascial release, is an extremely effective way of preventing injury, promoting muscle recovery, and relieving muscle soreness and tightness. Whether a person is sitting in a desk all day or running their 4th marathon; anyone can benefit from this device daily! Below is a list of all the amazing reasons why everyone needs a foam roller in their life.
- Increased blood flow to that muscle! Foam rolling exercises stretches and loosens the muscles.
- Improved movements. When a muscle is better hydrated, looser muscles move past one another with less knee friction.
- Better range of motion for muscles. Especially beneficial for people recovering from knee, back, or hip surgeries.
- Decreased injury risk. When there is a tight muscle lacking full range of motion, a person is more at risk for injury. By foam rolling, oxygen and blood are forced into that muscle, ultimately reducing the risk for a tear, break, or strain of a muscle or bone.
- Decreased recovery time! By foam rolling before and/or after a workout, oxygen is more readily available to the muscle. This reduces recovery time and soreness that happens after a tough workout.
Courts Plus will be offering 15 minute foam roll classes throughout the week! There is no wrong way of rolling! A great way to relax and prevent those injuries! All of the foam rolling classes will follow a class already on the schedule. Check out the schedule online and make sure to try this class out!!