With many new moms coming in the gym lately, I thought a fun topic for this week would be to discuss a few benefits of bringing children to a child care center/ facility such as Courts Plus Community Fitness Center! I know many people automatically think of germs and colds when they think of child care. While that is an obvious fact, there are many other reasons that outweigh that “scary” factor. Here are a few benefits:
- Socialization- In my opinion, there is no better place to socialize your children then a child care facility. At Courts Plus, we have 20 children max at a time. This makes it nearly impossible for every child to not be able to find someone to play and socialize with on a daily basis. Socializing helps children learn how to share and get along with others. We have had countless children enroll as a shy, quiet child and now walk into the room with a big smile and “Good Morning” to the teachers and the kids.
- Structure and routine- Children thrive on structure and routine. Whether you decide to take your child to a center or just drop them off to play for 2 hours at Courts Plus, you are helping teach your child (ren) consistency. I can definitely tell when a family has been on vacation and away from the gym for a week based on the child’s mode and behavior. It does not take long for them to get back into the normal daily routine, but it does disrupt them enough to the point where they can act out. Children and parents NEED consistency and I believe child care benefits from that!
- Academic readiness- Child Care is full of learning opportunities. Kids are introduced to the basics of math through counting numbers and/or colors, physical fitness through continuous activities, art through art projects and communication with others in the room. Just about everything in a center promotes education and learning which helps children of all ages to grow to their fullest potential.
- Stability and reliability- Child Care centers/ facilities have set hours and are always staffed accordingly. It is nice to have a reliable place to bring your children where you can have peace of mind that your children are being taken care of and loved while you get your work out in.
- Parent support- Courts Plus is a great example of this benefit! We have many moms who have a monthly “mom’s night” where they will get together because of the family they have gained through the child care. We are much more than a gym and you can see the relationships and trust that has formed throughout our parents.
- Promotes creativity and imagination- There is no better place to promote creativity and imagination in a room full of children and teachers who have a true passion for loving children and helping them grow to be the best they can be. At Courts Plus, we know how to be silly and “weird” because we know that is what it takes to make the kids day. We love to do things such as sing songs, make up fun games, play tricks on the teachers, dress up with our friends, play dolls, build tracks, play cards, make forts, do art projects, go for walks, tell stories, read books, play on the playground and so much more!
* If you are interested in learning more about our child care here at Courts Plus feel free to visit our website or come on in for a tour!