Fargo On The Move
Fargo Park District, Courts Plus Community Fitness, Family Wellness and the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties team up to encourage community activity
FARGO, ND- (April 26, 2018) Fargo Park District, Courts Plus, Family Wellness, and the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties are teaming up to issue a challenge to our community: let’s see you move! As part of this challenge, the partnering organizations are encouraging community activity through the new Fargo On The Move initiative. Through creative play and social connection, participants can expect to find fun new ways to be active. Whether you’re taking your first step or are already active, Fargo On The Move is about encouraging you and your family to get out this summer and find your move!
To help you find your move, Fargo On The Move is presenting a week of free activities and events throughout the community June 11-15. All events run 5:30-7:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Events include:
- Monday, June 11 at Woodhaven Park (4406 44th Ave S, Fargo): Join us at Trout Fest (geared for ages 15 and younger) and bring your rod to do some fishing. Also at Woodhaven Park, take part in an Outdoor Circuit class, wear an inflatable bubble suit to tackle the Knockerball Challenge (geared for preteen plus), and bring your little builder to tackle the Imagination Playground.
- Tuesday, June 12 at Centennial Park (4101 25th St S, Fargo): Come out to Party in the Park to dance to the karaoke, play in the bounce house and enjoy a hot dog. This Party in the Park is even better with the addition of the Knockerball Challenge, Outdoor Circuit class, Imagination Playground and Yard Games.
- Wednesday, June 13 at Island Park (302 7th St S, Fargo): Join us for Yoga in the Park (geared for ages 15 plus) to experience the energy and benefits of taking your yoga practice outside at this Vinyasa-style class. Check out the activity throughout the park with the Knockerball Challenge, Imagination Playground and Yard Games.
- Thursday, June 14 at Urban Plains Park (5050 30th Ave S, Fargo): Check out a tasty way to enjoy healthy veggies at the Sizzlin’ Skewers Cooking Demo. Stick around the park for lots of activity with Outdoor Circuit class, Imagination Playground and Yard Games. Bike rentals are also available for a small fee.
- Friday, June 15 at Island Park (302 7th St S, Fargo): Finish the week with us at Midwest Kid Fest, a family-friendly event offering a whole day packed with awesome booths, activities and inflatable games that encourage you to get out and move. Be sure to join the Fargo On The Move crew on the Entertainment Stage at 2:30 pm for a fun workout that everyone can enjoy.
“We’re incredibly excited to team up with these outstanding organizations and welcome them to our parks,” said Joel Vettel, Executive Director of the Fargo Park District. “We hope that this week of activities and events demonstrates that there are easy and fun ways to be active. If you’re finding yourself struggling to switch up your own routine, we want to showcase that there are different ways to move.”
In addition to the fun events held throughout the week, Courts Plus Community Fitness, Family Wellness, Fercho YMCA and Schlossman YMCA are making it easy for community members to visit their fitness facilities June11-15. Anyone who stops in to one of the four locations during the week of June11-15 and mentions “Fargo On The Move” will get free access!
“Promoting healthy lifestyles is a central part of the mission of each of our organizations,” included Jenna Johnson, Director of Family Wellness. “By teaming up with the other clubs in town to provide access, we’re hoping those individuals who might be interested in making steps towards a healthy change will take advantage of the opportunity to include an active component to their life.”
Whether you join us in our facility, take part in one of the Fargo On The Move events or get out and find your own way to be active, Fargo On The Move organizers encourage you to show us using #FargoOnTheMove when you post on social media.
“Fargo On The Move is about activity through creative play and social connection, shared Steve Smith, President of the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties. “One very real way people are social today is through connections made on social media. We’re embracing that and encouraging people to follow our organizations on social media and use the hashtag #FargoOnTheMove. We’ll be following along and offering some fun prizes to those who post their move with the hashtag throughout the summer.”
For complete event details or to learn more about Fargo On The Move, visit FargoParks.com.
# # #